Tuesday 29 May 2012

The First Post

This blog is for myself. My main aim is to write - to get myself writing, to reflect on my writing, and to reflect on what I'm reading, while my thoughts are still fresh. Some posts will take the form of personal reviews, focusing on short stories, novels, poetry, movies, etc, but with personal being the operative word. For example, if I were to review Steven Millhauser's short story, The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad (which I will do soon) it won't be a general review, but a look at what interests me enough to make me write about it - i.e. the way the three narratives parallel and work with each other, mixing fiction and 'meta'fiction to create a story about storytelling. Other posts will be about things I want to explore in my writing, writers I admire, problems with my writing I'm trying to resolve, etc, etc, etc. Hopefully this will be interesting to other people too, maybe even interesting enough to read on a regular basis. So if you're interested in writing and reading, and reading about how people write and read, read what I write and write back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment